Geetima Baruah Sarma grew up in the oil town of Digboi in Assam, the North-Eastern state of India and studied English Literature. She lives in Shillong and previously worked as Teacher-in-charge in a school.
She started writing since November 2009 and her poems, fiction and write-ups have been published in the following:
- newspapers – The Assam Tribune, The Sentinel, The Arunachal Times;
- e-journals – Indian Ruminations, Indian Review, Induswomanwriting.com, ‘Your Space’ of Muse India;
- e-magazines – Enajori.com, 7sisters.in, Fried Eye, Frog Croon, The Hudaang, Bordoichila;
- Assamese e-magazines – আই, আৰম্ভণি , মন-সংযোগ ;
- websites – North-East India, Articles Base, EzineArticles.com, iBuzzle, Boloji.com, Assam Engineering College 1984-89 batch, Writers Web Well, Creative Thoughts, Firebird Poetry, HighOnPoems, PoemsClub.com, Poetreecreations;
- souvenirs – Reverence, Umrong, Yuletide Jamboree, Utkarsh, Xomoy Balir Khujbur, Spectrum, Ashruxikto Smritir Koroni.
She is the author of Embers Rekindled, a novelette and three poetry anthologies, namely Sprinkle of expressions, Fly Away & other poems and Thoughts in bloom.
Besides writing, she loves to play the sitar and has performed in various cultural programmes.
She can be reached at email@example.com
~ Attribution ~
Copyright © 2009-2018 Geetima Baruah Sarma
All rights reserved